Friday, April 23, 2010

finals week=yuck

Honestly, I kind of like finals week. It is horrible and great at the same time. I like the relief I feel after every test I take. It seriously feels like someone takes off a brick from my shoulders. (of course-it feels like a whole house is lifted off when I see good final grades!)

I am moving back home to mom and dad's. I decided that the apartment thing wasn't right for me at this time. I don't have a steady job-any kind of income that is sufficient to live on-and I feel like I need to be at home saving money. I cleaned out my savings account during the month of February and I still feel terrible about it. One bad thing about moving back home is my church calling in Tyler. I am the secretary of the Relief Society and I really didn't want to give that up, but I really feel that I should be at home. I am so excited for the YSA branch in Tyler and hope that it continues to grow. I also feel a little guilty about backing out of the apartment. A down payment was made (I am paying back half of it since I was going to have half of the apartment) but I know that something will work out for my friends. I know that I had horrible timing with changing my mind, but better a little late than a few months down the road not being able to pay rent.

I said "I feel" about twelve times in that paragraph. Even if I put aside my feelings--I KNOW that moving back home is going to be best for me.

I applied to be an EFY Counselor for the summer and I am hoping that I get to do at least a couple of sessions. I am going to call BYU on Monday to figure out my interview situation so cross your fingers.

I helped mom clean out the swimming pool today. I did not go to class this morning. My 8 am class didn't meet so it was super hard for me to wake up and go to just one class. I have a few tests on Tuesday and I am not ready for 2 (of 3) but I'll be studying a lot tomorrow and Monday!

House sitting this weekend and actually pretty excited for some alone time. Living with my grandparents the past month has been fun, but they are ALWAYS home lol. I don't feel like I've any time to think or breathe lately so I am excited for some peace. I'm sure one night all by myself in a strange (large) home will change that! I think Erica is going to come stay with me tomorrow night--so I might not have to get scared!

If I don't get to be an EFY counselor-my immediate goal is to get a job in Gilmer ASAP!!!!! I am determined to get my savings account back to where it was before and I want to put some other money aside for something special. Possibly school-possibly a car-possibly rent for a place--possibly a lot of things.

Antonio is so darling! Today he said a complete sentence and I don't think I've ever heard (or realized) before. I was outside running in a circle and he laughed and said, "What are you doing?!" It was so cute. The only other thing he says that is close to a sentence is --I don't wanna. He is very demanding! I think he is a little slow to talking because he is not fully understanding what people (our family--people at daycare) are saying. His dad speaks to him in Spanish and everyone else in English. We think he might be a little confused, but we aren't to the point of worry yet. I guess it is okay for him to be confused. I'm sure I would be if people talked in different laguages to me.

I'm off to bed :) I have to get up a little earlier than I usually do on Saturday :P nighty night

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with EFY! You would do an amazing job!!! It's a wonderful opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I really hope I get in.

    ReplyDelete