This semester is almost over and it is teasing me...I am so ready to take another break from school. And yes, I do remember that I just took a break. Summer is different lol.
I am sad to say that my job prospect didn't work out but I just applied to somewhere this morning and I am a little hopeful. I have a different attitude about it all anyway-if it doesn't work out, I'll find something else. I've actually played with the idea of being a waitress. Please don't tell me that you've done it and hated it! I just want to try it out and see if I can handle it and pay bills.
I did in fact say bills. Which actually means 1 bill but still....much more responsibility than just my gas lol. I am moving into an apartment with some ladies from church. My orignial plan for the summer was to stay in my RV and save money for my plan to stay with the bestie in January. My parents sold the RV the week before Easter and I moved in with my grandma. I could come back to Gilmer and live but I have a few reasons that are keeping me in Tyler. My new church calling--Relief Society Secretary of the new Tyler YSA branch is going to keep me busy and I don't want to give that up yet. Summer school is every day and I really don't want to drive to Tyler every single day for school. So Tyler was the winner for the summer. Staying with my grandparents has been amazing. I make my bed every day(I just thought my gma would like that) and it makes me feel so good to come home to a clean room lol. Sounds crazy, but it is so true. Try it if you don't already do it. BIG difference. I also get breakfast twice a week (the other three days I leave too early). I have an amazing bed. A great shower. I have really enjoyed it. But I realized that my money was still running out very fast. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to save money. I am not responsible at all and I don't get it. I take care of most other things, I am organized, a pretty good student, but money is evil in my hands. I feel like the apartment is good practice for moving in with Abbey when she comes home. I need to learn how to budget and be responsible. No better time than the present. I still plan on trying to save-but at least I can show off a great apartment with the money I make!
About that apartment....The apartment is near my grandparents house, has nice bedrooms and bathrooms, fitness center, washer and dryer!, and I'll have my own room unless I find someone to come share with me. Which does not seem like an awful idea=cheaper rent is good. No privacy will take some getting used to. I don't even have a person in mind yet, but I am thinking about it. Move in day is May 15th!!! now I just NEED that job...
Not a lot is going on with me besides school, job hunting, and apartment fun. Nicole is due in July and I am so excited about having a niece :) I just love being an aunt. Tony and I sat outside for the longest time just blowing bubbles. He screams with joy the entire time and it just precious. I'm spending the weekend in Gilmer because I have the time. I know that when I get a job, weekends probably won't be so free. I'll take advantage of it while I can.
Anyways-I'm off to clean the kitchen...then going to try and convince my family that pizza sounds like an amazing meal tonight. :)
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment