It feels like Fall and I am so happy. I love when it starts to cool down. I love the colors. I love yamboree time. I love football. I love half time! I love the wind. I love the sounds. ooh I just love leaves. I love light jackets. This time of year I am always happiest. I met the ex-boyfriend this time last year (we broke up by the end of Winter. I was getting depressed again and I think it was just too much for him), met Edward Cullen (started reading Twilight) this time last year, was losing weight (had a personal trainer), had a great schedule, I worked out more often, and just felt good! Today is a nice weather day.
I woke up at 430 yesterday morning and today to walk at the track with my mom. Have I ever mentioned that my mom is an amazing person? She always listens to me complain about how unhappy I am with myself and is so patient with me 'finding' myself all the time. She also encourages me to better myself and keep trying. That woman amazes me all the time. I am so blessed to have her.
We decided Sunday night that we would start getting up early to walk the track at the high school everyday. Monday morning I woke up very excited about getting in some exercise to jump start my day. And really, I felt amazing all day. I had more energy than usual and I only gave in to one coke all day! I couldn't believe how amazing I felt as I fell asleep last night, then...this morning came. I turned off the alarm and had every intention of sleeping until 7 when I heard mom in the kitchen. I feel good about myself for getting up and exercising but I am EXHAUSTED. I am fighting sleep more than I ever have in my life. I want to pass out on this floor right now...even though that is highly not recommended because of all the chemicals that come in and out of this place. I hope some energy kicks in before I have to drive to Quitman to teach aerobics. However, I am really excited that I am getting two workouts in today!
I have to stop getting on ebay and half.com. I have an addiction to movies and books. I want to have an amazing library one day and I feel like a 75 cent book is just what I need to get started. Someone take my debit card and hide it! I really am trying to save for the big move in January. I know that I will have to get a job regardless of how much I save, but geeze I love to spend money. Big move is still undecided as far as the location. Sam Houston was 100% last week and now I am really interested in SFA again. Why must decisions be so hard? I know that I will finish school no matter where I go, but I want to make the right move for me. I have a deepest darkest desire, but I don't want to throw it out there yet. ;)
Life is good. I am so happy that I am going to school in January. I am excited about moving out of my parent's house for a little while and excited about losing weight. Having direction is a big part of who I am and I am so glad that I have some goals. I am such a nerd when it comes to that kind of thing. Betty Boyd (who was my YW president) told me one time that a goal is not a true goal until you write it down-so, here is me writing it all down for ya!
First set of goals are the daily/weekly goals.
1. Walk every weekday morning with mom.
2. only drink 1 soda a day (this will be hard. I usually drink about 4 or 5)
3. practice twirling fundamentals every other day
4. Attend Institute every Wednesday
Second set are the short term goals. I want these completed within the next two weeks. October 9th to be exact.
1. finish filling out FAFSA information so that I can fill out some loan applications
2. complete a loan application
3. lose 3 pounds (healthy weight loss is 2 pounds a week so I'm going with the happy median)
4. Apply to at least 1 school. (possibly 2)
And now for the fun ones. The long term goals. (long can be weeks, months, years, etc...)
1. lose 30 pounds by January 1st. (that is actually a little more than 2 pounds a week but I'm doing it!)
2. make straight A's for the rest of my college career.
3. Get re-certified to teach group exercise (within the next year)
4. be a certified teacher (no more than 3 years from now)
5. get married, have kids, the whole 'American dream' thing ;)
I think this is a little lenghty, but it will be fun to read if you are bored. I know it kept me from falling asleep at work!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1) You are absolutely amazing!!! I have always looked up to you, and have always enjoyed your presence!!
ReplyDelete2) Come to SFASU!!!! It's the best school ever! Especially for education!!!!! :-D
Thank you Angela! and maybe if I head to SFA you can enjoy my presence some more lol jk :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing post! Im a newcomer here and I cant wait to read the rest of these.
ReplyDeleteYour goals are completely attainable! I have somewhat the same thing going on, I want to be 20 pounds thinner by the Biggest Loser finale lol.
Ok, Im gonna go read the next post.