I am now working full time. 8-5 every single stinkin day. Now I totally want to go back to school. And I will.
The Visiting Teaching message this month was a serious answer to my prayers. I keep saying that I am wasting my time at school if I do not have a decided major or career goal but the truth is, gaining knowledge is what is important to me. I honestly do not care if I go to school for the rest of my life and never find the 'perfect' career. This is a quote from Robert D. Hales (of the Seventy) that I absolutely love (it was the silent answer to all my prayers about school)
“Lifelong learning is essential to the vitality of the human mind, body, and soul. It enhances self-worth and self-actuation. Lifelong learning is invigorating mentally and is a great defense against aging, depression, and self-doubt.”
Does it get any better than that? I need to feel confident in myself and learning is something that has always made me feel good. And who doesn't need a good depression fighter every now and then? If you know me at all, then you know that I am not happy all of the time and fight with negative thoughts about myself all the time. I am starting to feel very strongly about going back to school even if I take 'pointless' classes. Bring on the knowledge!
I really don't know what else I wanted to blog about. I just felt so full and needed to release some positive energy into the world.
oh yeah, my brother in law is FINALLY back home. He has a valid visa and can now live here legally. Saturday morning was a wonderful morning. I, of course, cried like a baby when Tony finally acknowledged LaLo. It was so sweet and such a happy moment. I pray that he never has to go back to Mexico unless it is for pleasure.
Baby sister Erica is in college! She is twirling at Kilgore and I can not wait to watch her perform. She is so pretty. I just don't know how we are related! lol jk. I know that she is nervous about school, but I know that she will do fine. She is smart and can do anything if she doesn't stress herself out too much. I am so glad that she decided to twirl. I hope she appreciates the experience and enjoys it.
Twirling at Kilgore reminds me of the year that I tried out. I HATE admitting this to anyone but it is a wonderful memory that I will keep forever so I want to share it. I was at my private twirling lesson when my friend Sarah Hill called and told me that I should try out the next morning at Kilgore. I didn't really want to do it. I had not submitted an application and had not practiced at all for their tryout. I didn't even consider twirling there, or anywhere, until she called. I woke up the next morning and drove to Kilgore to meet up with her. We had a fun day. We made fun of each other, made fun of other girls, smiled, laughed, talked about boys I'm sure, and twirled our little hearts out. 25 girls tried out that day and Sarah and I were 2 of the 5 that did not make it. Sooo embarrassing. (this is why I do not tell people I even tried out) I still think to this day that she should have been on that line. She was grouped in a call back group and I just knew that she was going to make it. Her smile was completely contagious and she just had that amazing glow and personality that should be on display. Really. She was truly a beautiful girl. Sarah was in a car accident and passed away on January 8, 2009. I miss her and think about her all the time and every single time I think about Kilgore College Twirlers I remember Sarah.
So this was not on my agenda to blog about her, but there it is. One of my favorite memories. Now I have to get back to reality and do some work even though I would love to be at home.
Hope all is well with everyone :)
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's amazing how the Lord works in our lives, and puts us where we need to be. I tried out for the Rangerettes, and did not make it due to size. It's hard to think about, but at the same time, we are truly blessed for the experiences we get to have. And I totally am with you on loving to learn and could be in school forever. :-) You truly are amazing Samantha and I'm glad I've gotten to know you some!!
ReplyDeleteAngela I JUST saw this comment. I need to set this up so I get email reminders...you are so sweet and talented. It is hard to see the good in our struggles sometimes but I do love how we eventually get to see the reason.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I have gotten to know you better as well. I hope you see this comment...especially since I just noticed yours!